Oakham Rugby Football Club
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
At Oakham Rugby Club we believe that taking part in our sport should be a positive and enjoyable part of children’s lives.
We want to make sure that children are protected and kept safe from physical, sexual and emotional harm while they are with the club’s coaches, helpers and other volunteers.
To do this we have these aims:
1. All coaches will attend an RFU approved coaching course at the earliest opportunity.
2. We aim to have a minimum of 2 RFU qualified coaches at each age group every season.
3. The club will encourage and help coaches stay up-to-date with rugby, coaching and child protection issues.
4. All coaches will be given a copy of Oakham RFC’s code of conduct for coaches and be expected to keep to it at all times.
5. We will provide coaches and parents with a written procedure for dealing with allegations or suspicions of child abuse.
6. As a club, we will promote ‘fair play’ and always play within the spirit of the laws and the letter of the continuum.
7. We will identify personnel whose role it is to deal with any concerns about physical, sexual or emotional abuse within the club.
Personnel for the 2006/2007 season are : –
01572 722005 (H)
01572 823237 (H)
01572 771041 (H)